Saturday, October 17, 2009

Halloween Projects

I went to the grocery store today and looked around for turkeys.  I'm ready for Thanksgiving!  But since that's still over a month away I decided to pick up supplies for spiced cider and pumpkin cookies.  Plus, I have a couple of projects sitting around unfinished that I hope to post by Monday. 


Here are a few of this month's Halloween projects.  I have more to photograph, but I'm procrastinating.  I'm hoping that tomorrow I'll have my upcoming class schedule up and running.  And I hope to post photos of the Christmas class coming up in a few weeks. 


I love these treat bags!  So easy to make with the Big Shot Machine. I cut out a circle and added a window sheet so you can see what's inside, too.  This die uses 1/2 sheet of 12x12 paper, so if you're trying to use up supplies to make room for new stuff (which I always am), this is a great way to do it! 

Supplies: Big Shot Machine, Fancy Favor Box Die, Cast-a-Spell Designer Paper, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Window Sheets, Horizontal Slot Punch, Basic Black 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Pumpkin Pie Striped Ribbon


Another Big Shot project.  This one uses the Matchbox Die.  I really love this die and use it for all throughout the year.
Supplies:  Big Shot Machine, Matchbox Die, Cast-a-Spell Designer Paper, Basic Black 1/4" Grograin Ribbon, Basic Black Cardstock, Pumpkin Pie Cardstock, Sweet Treats Stamp Set, Basic Black Classic Ink, Candy

OK, one more use of the Big Shot. This is the Pillow Box Die. Just cut it out, tape it up and fill it up. Its great!  This box was nicely closed earlier, but my daughter found it.  Sigh. 
Supplies:  Big Shot Machine, Pillow Box Die, Cast-a-Spell Designer Paper, Basic Black 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Kraft Cardstock, candy


Love this Frankenstein card.  The design has been around for awhile - I think I saw it for the first time last year. But it's super cute and its basically all punches.  The face was sponged a bit to give it more depth, but otherwise, no stamping.  A really fun one for kids to do, but I'd recommend pre-punching your paper for younger ones. It can take awhile.

Supplies:  Old Olive, Kraft, Basic BlackWhisper White, Metallic Silver cardstock; Black Stampin' Write Marker; 1/2" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Horizontal Slot Punch, Old Olive ink, sponges



Another card I saw last year.  This Mummy card is just a bunch of scraps of Very Vanilla cardstock sponged up.  And its a fun one for kids, too.
Supplies:  Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black cardstock; Creamy Caramel ink, sponges, 1/ 3/8 " Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch 

This "Boo" card is my own design. I wanted to make a springy pop-out sort of card for Halloween.  The spring is made by cutting a spiral out of a punched out circle and adhereing one end to the card base and one end to the pumpkin. This set is really fun to use.  My kids LOVE making jack-o-lanterns with it. 

Supplies:  Pumpkin Patch Stamp Set; Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White cardstock; Cast-a-Spell Designer Paper; Basic Black 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black Classic inks; 1 1/4" Circle Punch














My friend Terry found this treat holder on Becky Robert's blog.  The cardstock is decorated and then the treat is stapled in with a flap to hold the cover closed. Its a snap to make!  I'm totally going to make more of these.


Supplies:  Batty for You Stamp Set; Smarty Pants Stamp Set; Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock; Cast-a-Spell Designer Paper; Scallop Circle Punch; 1 3/8" Circle Punch; 1" Circle Punch; staples; candy

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Everything is so adorable! I love it all! You should post the recipe for those pimpkin cookies you were talking about, too. =)

    ReplyDelete