Tuesday, November 10, 2009

More Christmas Cards!


This weekend I was fiddling around with a retired Stampin' Around wheel that my sister lent to me and I never returned.  I can't even remember the name of it right now. But I came up with this card, which is CAS'd off page of the Holiday Mini Catalog and one of the cards in this set created by Twila Davis.  I really like how it turned out!


Supplies:  Fundamental Phrases Stamp Set; Kraft, Bordering Blue, Soft Suede and the Christmas Cocoa Specialty DSP (from the Holiday Mini); Whisper White Craft Ink; Soft Suede Ink; Stampin' Around Wheel; Scallop Square Punch; Bashful Blue Grosgrain Ribbon; Scallop Edge Punch.


I also spent some time playing with the "Wandering Words" stamp set. I needed a new card for my upcoming Early Birds Christmas Card class and this is what I came up with. I've seen several similar versions on different stamping blogs, but this one is my very own. There are two different versions.  The 1st card has a lighter night sky - it was sponged with Night of Navy Ink - and it also has glitter for the snowbanks below.  For the 2nd card, I brayered the Night of Navy ink and left off the glitter over the sponged snowbanks.  I can't decide which one I like better though.



Supplies:  Wandering Words Stamp Set; Gold Encore ink; Night of Navy Classic Ink; Whisper White cardstock; Night of Navy cardstock; Gold embossing powder; Post-It notes; sponges; Brayer; Dazzling Diamonds glitter.


















And then I decided to change around the silver snowflake card for my class. I decided to take away one of the layers and I like the simplicity of it.  Silver on silver on silver is beautiful! This card idea came from Kristin Moore and is almost an exact CAS of her card here.  I love it!


Supplies:  Serene Snowflakes Stamp Set; Brushed Silver cardstock; Silver Elastic Cord; Silver Encore ink; Silver embossing powder; Boho Blossoms Punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment